MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT
Kichuguu.com activities, on behalf of its members, rely on connecting Suppliers and other industrialization service providers with Buyer’s of machineries around the world. We work with our global supply chain to cultivate safe working conditions, to foster dignity and respect for workers and to promote responsible environmental practices.
Our Code of Conduct and accompanying Standards detail the principles and practices that we expect our members to uphold. The Code, which is based on local, national laws/ regulations, the International Labor Organization’s (ILO) core conventions, and internationally recognized occupational health, safety, and environmental standards, represents our commitment to connect entrepreneurs who value and incorporate these provisions into their operations.
Although employees in different departments have varied natures of work, the Code of Conduct is applicable to all worksites utilized for and not limited to kichuguu platform and associated onsite facilities.
MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS LABOR PRACTICES
- Business licenses are accurate, valid, and up-to-date, as required by law. All postings meet or exceed legal requirements.
- All hiring and termination practices meet or exceed legal requirements. Members impose strict recruitment practices to mitigate the risk of trafficking in persons.
- Employee compensation and payroll record keeping meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Employee benefits meet legal requirements.
- Employee working hours and time record keeping meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Forced, bonded, indentured, slave and prison labor are prohibited.
- Employment of juveniles no younger than 15 years of age, apprentices and trainees meets or exceeds legal requirements.
- Abuse, coercion, harassment and inappropriate disciplinary actions are prohibited.
- Discriminatory practices are prohibited.
- The rights to freedom of association and collective bargaining must be respected.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PRACTICES
- Licenses, permits and certifications are accurate, complete, and up-to-date, as required by law. All notices meet or exceed legal regulations.
- Suitable personnel are responsible for emergency response and health and safety.
- Members applies and maintains emergency and safety precautions that meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Members provide first aid and medical care that meets or exceeds legal requirements.
- Members report, investigate and address employee and facility accidents in a manner that meets or exceeds legal requirements.
- Personal protective equipment policies, training, provision, maintenance, and use meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Confined spaces and aboveground and underground storage (AST & UST) policies and training is provided.
- Chemicals and hazardous materials management, policies, training, maintenance, storage, and use meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Smoking and activities that involve open flame, fire or ignition are prohibited in designated areas.
- Equipment safety management, policies, training, and maintenance meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Electrical components and systems are properly maintained.
- Noise levels are controlled to meet legal requirements.
- Members maintain a work place that is lit, ventilated and temperature controlled in a manner that meets or exceeds legal requirements.
- Members maintain a clean work environment and provide potable water, restrooms, and showers in a manner that meets or exceeds legal requirements.
- Food preparation areas and child care facilities meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Building and construction permits are maintained and accurate.
- Members implement ergonomics risk programs and provide training for ergonomics awareness.
- Dormitory conditions and emergency and safety precautions meet or exceed legal requirements.
ACCOUNTABILITY, TRANSPARENCY, AND ETHICS
- Environmental management, policies, and postings meet or exceed legal requirements.
- Members shall mitigate adverse environmental impacts, reduce waste and prevent pollution.
- Members give unhindered access to facility in order to verify compliance and commit to engaging in improvement of identified non-compliances.
- Fraud, bribery and the undue influencing of a Kichuguu employee or designated Kichuguu representative are prohibited.